I started working on Websites
in 1996, initially designing and maintaining
a technical corporate site. Since then, I have
worked in the heart of Silicon Valley, California,
designing Websites, application front-ends and
animated executive presentations within a corporate
IT group prior to returning to
I am now based in Argyll and have
been enjoying partnering with organisations and
businesses, and getting them established
on the Internet with a professional Web presence.
My experience includes the following:
- CSS-based Website Design
- Graphics design and animation
- Industry standard, fully supported, expandable
and robust content management system
- Database development: MySQL and PHP.
- Usability: All of my sites are fine tuned to meet optimal user requirements.
A heightened awareness of usability needs and trends is therefore
- Webserver Administration: Unix, Apache Webserver, FTP.
- Desktop Publishing for the Web
- Content creation: Much of my Web-based work has involved a
good deal of content creation, including articles and help
documentation. This requires good English communication skills as well as
awareness of key word placement.
booking system integrations
- Search Engine Optimisation(SEO): enhancing website visibility on search engines